April 2, 2013

Dad

You may have noticed that there hasn't been much activity here these past few months, my mind has been on my dad, Andrew.  Our family learned in late November that Dad had brain cancer called Glioma.   Of course, I had to Google it immediately to really understand what we are dealing with . . . you can learn more on Wikipedia.   Sadly, my dads' tumor progressed quickly.  We gathered by his bedside and held his hand and prayed until the earliest of hours on Saturday, March 16th when he joined our Savior, Jesus Christ, in heaven.




It's was a journey for us all . . . and it still is.  My days and nights have been consumed by all the wonderful memories we created along the way.   He will live in our hearts forever and we will cherish how much he added to all of our lives.

 God bless Dad and may he rest in peace.

3 comments:

  1. Heather, I am so sorry. My mom died a year ago of the same brain cancer. I am so sorry....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Mary, I'm so sorry for your loss, too. Thanks for reaching out to me. God bless.

      Delete
  2. Oh Mary, I'm so sorry for your loss, too. Thanks for reaching out to me. God bless.

    ReplyDelete