November 25, 2016

Gratitude. Thankfulness. Appreciation.


Gratitude.  
Thankfulness. 
Appreciation.

 . . .all of these words define how I feel about the blessings in my life.  I am grateful that I have been given a gift of creativity and that I can share it with the world.  I am grateful that I am a messenger of God's love.


When a customer asks me to make a personalized piece of jewelry for them, we talk about their likes and dislikes, who the recipient will be and so on.  My customer leaves the workshop with a necklace or bracelet that has meaning for them.  But, I also get a gift . . . I get to peek into their hearts.  I get to see their thoughtfulness.  I get to create something that they cherish.  I get an opportunity to listen.  Listen to their story . . . like many of the stories in the Bible. . . stories with a message.  I've referred to myself as a messenger . . . but is the message for them, or is it for me?


I am very thankful for all the blessings in my life.  My family and friends, my colleagues and acquaintances and even the name-less strangers that pass through my life.  I am blessed more than I can express and I praise God for all of it.  But I must also be grateful for the dark days, the struggles, the challenges that build my character, and the experiences that teach me the lessons of the Spirit.




This Thanksgiving I have gratitude . . . for all of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment